WITH NEW COMING AGE

Assalamualaikumwarahmatullahhiwabarakatu

by this time, I am eighteen years seven months and eleven days old.pheewh.I'm not that old am I?don't answer that

I remember being five when we were still in Canada and we lived in this apartment where ayah would go to class or work and mak would stay home with us and baked banana cakes for us.kak mira would be at school.she would be seven at the time.first grader.I remember every time I tried to take nisa who was three at the moment and sneak out to play with my friends in the backyard.furas was just born and still not able to do anything but sleep.I remember how that made mak angry at us and scolded us with a hanger.huh.good times.good times.tee hee.

I remember being six.we were already living in Malaysia and ayah was already working as a lecturer at UTM.mak is still a stay home mom and still takes good care of us.but still scolds us once in a while if we were naughty.kak mira has started at her new school and I was in kindergarten.I remember hating going to class because I hated learning and all I wanted to do was sit at home eating PB&J's and watch cartoons.

I remember being twelve.sixth grade.I passed UPSR successfully and ayah and mak were proud of me.I was also proud because I never thought I would get it.then ayah enrolled me into sekolah menengah.

I remember being fifteen where I got into all sorts of trouble.I was very lazy and selfish.I didn't like school or learning.I spent most of my time with my friends and everything else except school.I remember the day I went to get my PMR results and I passed with average results.

I remember being sixteen.the most memorable year in that school.I was Huzats girlfriend that year.nothing but puppy love.but it lasted for almost two years.then everything got ugly.we broke up and now we are just friends thanks to him.I'm still glad.

I remember being seventeen.after SPM I got my drivers license and a job at Pizza Hut.lots of experience.lots of tears.lots of laughter.good times.bad times.oh yeahh.lots of it.I remember the day I got into the car with ayah and mak and drove to school to get my SPM results.again, I only managed to get average.my fault.half of my mind was preoccupied by Huzat and the other half was my studies.my fault, again.

still, with my results, I managed to be accepted at UTMIC in KL.

I remember the first week there.orientation week.I was siting in the hall with the rest of the first years.I remember seeing you come up on stage.I remember I was seeing you for the first time.I remember you teaching us half heartedly.I remember not liking you at all at first.I remember that one night.the one night that changed everything.everything between us.because now, there is nothing between us.no space.just you and me.with Allah s will, nothing will change, and if anything, our relationship will grow uncorrupted and steady and lovely.till the day we are joined.not as lovers but as soul mates.

I remember the words you spoke through the phone one night.your voice was a bit shaky.I remember it as one of the most nerve wrecking moments of my young life.the words that had me instantly.and each time you say them over and over again.you still have me.my past is a mess for you, all I have is my future and I want it to exist with you in the picture.only, only if you may.


No comments:

Post a Comment